Testing in the cloud includes the advantages of high scalability, easy availability and the low cost. In fact, the cloud based testing platform allows mobile and web testing id multiple machines and different environments without even building an infrastructure of your own. The rising popularity in cloud testing gave rise to cloud-based slew of testing tools and some of the popular software testing cloud-based tools includes:
- SOASTA CloudTest – This cloud- based tool enables four test automation types on one web platform – web based performance & functional testing and Mobile performance & functional testing. It simulates geographically dispersed users in millions to test under huge loads the application on a website. Taking into consideration the analytics and seamless integration with real-time between monitoring, test design, and reporting, it enables efficient and convenient testing.
- LoadStorm – This is a testing tool for load for both applications, mobile and web. It is cost effective and simple to use. It is ideal to check excessive traffic, performance or usage. It is scalable and can simulate virtual users to find the website or app breaking point. There are various scenarios of load testing and they are also customizable.
- BlazeMeter – The end-to-end load testing and performance of websites, mobile apps and API is done using this cloud-based tool. It can simulate around 1 million users and is compatible. It facilitates realistic performance monitoring and load tests in combination with reporting in real-time.
- Nessus – Nessus is a cloud-based tool that is used widely as scanner to identify vulnerabilities, missing patches in firewalls, devices, cloud infrastructure, virtualized systems, etc. It can be put to use to detect threats such as backdoors, malware, viruses, and web services such as malicious content. For sectors such as banking and healthcare, it performs compliance auditing, generates scan reports and also offers recommendations in flexible formats such that it includes sending targeted emails.
- App Thwack – This is a cloud-based simulator good to test on actual devices iOS, Android, and web apps. It is friendly with renowned automation platforms such as Calabash, UI Automation, Robotium, and several others. In case you want to test through clients, there is a REST API allowing to test. The other key features include customizable testing, multi-platform support, and detailed test reports.
- Xamarin test cloud – This is a testing tool suitable for mobile apps. It permits writing in C# tests through the UITest framework using NUnit testing library or through the Calabash framework in Ruby. This tool runs on physical devices the test and also reveals in each step a full-screen resolution shot. It also includes relevant data such as memory usage, CPU and test time to be integrated for continuous integration into automated builds.